You provide the T-shirts and we give you a completed quilt!
Here are some tips and ideas for how the shirts should be handled:
- Wash the shirts in washing detergent, but please do not use fabric softener, as this affects how the stabilizer attaches to the shirt fabric.
- Leave the shirts intact. If you are mailing the shirts and wish to reduce the weight, cut the shirts apart carefully along the side seams and the neckline.
Things to consider for the finished quilt:
- The finished quilt size will depend on the size of the largest logo and the number of shirts.
- For a balanced quilt, ideally you use 9, 12, 16, 20 or 25 shirts. If you have less, or more, there are ways to still get a quilt the size that you want – let me know how many you have and I can create a design for you.
- If the shirt has other logos, aside from the main logo, then these can be attached to either the main square, or to the finished quilt.
- If you want 1 square to use the front and back of a shirt, that can be done, and will count as one shirt.
- If you wish to make two squares out of a front and back of one shirt, that will count as two shirts.
- There is usually a design answer to any challenge!