You provide the T-shirts and we give you a completed quilt!
Here are some tips and ideas for how the shirts should be handled:
- Wash the shirts in washing detergent, but please do not use fabric softener. Fabric softeners contain wax that hinders the effectiveness of the stabilizer.
- Leave the shirts intact. We will cut them down to get the desired size.
Things to consider for the finished quilt:
- The finished quilt size will depend on the size of the squares and the number of shirts.
- For a balanced quilt, ideally you use 9, 12, 16, 20 or 25 shirts. If you have less, or more, there are ways to still get a quilt the size that you want. Let us know how many you have and we can create a design for you.
- If the shirt has other logos or printing (in addition to the main design), then these can be attached in different ways to be included in the finished quilt.
- If you have one quilt square that includes the front and back of a shirt, it will count as one square.
- If you have two quilt squares made from one shirt, it will count as two squares.
- If you have a unique design challenge, there is usually an answer to it. We would love to help you answer it!